School Community Council
Rees Elementary has a School Community Council (SCC) that meets monthly to discuss school related issues and coordinate efforts to meet those needs. The council is made up of school employees (elected), parents (elected), and the principal. If you have questions, issues, or concerns you would like discussed, please contact a member of our SCC or call Adam Gull at the school (798-4055).
All meetings will be held at 11:30 A.M. in the Eagles Nest by the Library or on Zoom when necessary. The public is welcome to attend. Please e-mail Ashley Roberts at email@example.com to reserve a spot on the agenda. Visitors are limited to 5 minutes of comments each.
Trustlands Allocations 2020-2021: $84,7782020-2021 Meeting Dates: October 12th; November 9th; December 14th; January 11th; February 8th March 8th; April 12th Purpose of School Community Council:
The purpose of the School Community Council is to build consistent and effective communication among parents, employees, and administrators; allowing parents an opportunity to be actively involved in their children's education by helping establish and implement educational goals for their respective schools. In this regard, the responsibilities of the School Community Council are advisory in nature.
The School Community Council (SCC) plays an important role in partnering in the education of our children with the school, its staff and faculty, and the district. The following information is from The Shared Governance Handbook. The SCC provides a "cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions" within the school. Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by the Utah law includes:
- Developing a School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Developing the School LAND Trust Program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school)
- Advising and making recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community enviorment for students
- Developing a reading achievement plan
Meetings are open to all parents. If parents have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact a member of the council to add items to the agenda.
Rees Elementary School Community Council Rules of Order
1. Council members are expected to be in attendance at each meeting. If circumstances do not permit attendance the council member will contact either the principal, council chairman, vice-chairman, or facilitator in advance of the meeting.
2. Meetings will be held to one hour whenever possible.
3. The facilitator will prepare an agenda for each meeting after consulting with the chairman and principal.
4. The facilitator will post the meeting agenda and minutes from previous meeting on the school website one week in advance of the meeting.
5. Each council member will be given opportunity to express ideas and opinions without fear of personal criticism. Each member will treat every other member with respect and make an honest effort to understand other’s points of view. The council will strive to reach consensus on decisions.
6. All votes will be taken as a counted vote.
7. Visitors will be allowed if approved by principal. Visitors will be given a maximum of 5 minutes to present.