Recently, the students in kindergarten to second grade had the opportunity to learn about the 5 Rules of Internet Safety during an assembly from Net Positive. The rules students learned were:
- Tell a trusted adult if anything on your device makes your feel sad, scared, or confused.
- Ask a trusted adult before sharing private information like Name, Address, or Phone Number.
- NEVER meet face-to-face with any person you chatted with online.
- Have balance between online activities and offline activities.
- Treat others online with respect and kindness.
One great quote students learned was "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -The Dalai Lama